Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remember 9/11

Today is a day of great sadness. I remember clearly turning on the tv while getting ready for work. I didn't normally do that, but something unconsciously encouraged me to turn on the tv at six a.m.

I tuned in just in time to see the second plane hit the building. My first instinct was to sit down and listen. The more I heard the more shocked I became. At some point I changed to auto-pilot and got myself to work. Hardly anyone was there. The four of us in the back room of the law library who did show checked the news regularly throughout the day.

Being on the west coast, none of us knew anyone in those towers. But, all of us felt that we should do something. Anything. Those of us who could afford it went online and donated to red cross. We were thankful that so many officers and firefighters from local units left immediately to assist.

Today, though the memories are still sad and disturbing, we see unity in our nation due to this event. Thank you to all who helped those people and their families. The true patriots.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Longs Peak Cir,Loveland,United States

No comments: